Friday, May 26, 2006

The Sophisticated Side-Pony

This long weekend Bobby & I and some fabulous leaders took some of our high schoolers camping at Pitch & Praise in Paris, Ontario.

Anyhoo, in between being quite hungry, tired and really, really cold, I started getting BA (A team speak for Bad Attitude). I did let the girls do my hair which felt like a bit of penitence. Heavy on the gel, aggressive in the brushing, big bobble and poodlish in the photo. After which my hair was then revamped into a "sophisticated side-pony". Oh the pain!

Bobby and the other leaders, on the other hand, were full of catchy energy. They just seemed to sweat all weekend, from the great UK techno worship thangs to the sessions to the sports. Bobby, Lisa, Martin, Melissa F. & Erin; you are truly an amazing, hilarious and hardy bunch. Jesus said, "I have come that you may have life and have it to the full." John 10:10b. Way to live it to the full!

Although at first glance the weekend seemed disappointing to me, God came through in miraculous ways, for example: Everyone was dry in our swaying tents, no one got sick or seriously wounded, some youth made awesome decisions, and some even found out they were stronger than they thought. I'm so glad God didn't let my BA get in the way! Here's to less BA and more "sophisticated side-ponies"!

1 Comments:

At 10:32 a.m. , Blogger Maria Scicluna said...

Melissa I admire your honesty and candid portrayals.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home