Friday, June 23, 2006

Seeming vs. Being

Some awesome folks we know in Thailand, Ric & Gail Nesimiuk, sent us this.

I was hungry,
And you formed a humanities group to discuss my hunger.
I was imprisoned,
And you crept off quietly to your chapel and prayed for my release.
I was naked,
And in your mind you debated the morality of my appearance.
I was sick,
And you knelt and thanked God for your health.
I was homeless,
And you preached to me of the spiritual shelter of the love of God.
I was lonely
And you left me alone to pray for me.
You seem so holy, so close to God,
But I am still very hungry -- and lonely -- and cold.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 a.m. , Blogger the Doug said...

I might steal this...

 
At 7:22 p.m. , Blogger Maria Scicluna said...

Ouch! oh how true and utterly disgusting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home