Monday, July 16, 2007

The Jack Hammer and the Peace Maker

Just the other day, I woke up 2 hours earlier than I needed to by a jackhammer. I tried to fall back asleep but was woken again. As I looked out the window, I saw an arm...the giant jackhammer machine arm! It made crazy, constant, eardrum blowing noise. It 'set my teeth on edge' to put it mildly. A rude awakening.

So I quickly got ready & started looking for quiet. Definetly NOT available in the apartment. So I walked down the street. NOT available on the street. Into a park. NOT available in the park. Cars & construction everywhere! I was getting myself into a panic. Where can I find quiet!?!

Later that morning at work, a man and his daughter came in. He had some pamphlets so I instantly thought, "No thank you!" But instead he said, "I'm from the Alliance Church down the street. I was just wondering if I there was anything I could pray for you?" I started laughing and asked if he knew Bobby which of course he did. He again asked the question, "What can I pray for...for you?" "Peace & Quiet!" jumped from my mouth. He sweetly reminded me that we can have inner peace from God even with outer chaos about. How true. And sometimes God sends peace thru a quiet man and his daughter looking to pray for shop folks on Queen Street.


"I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.
That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic."

Psalms 27:4&5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home